Behold my servant,

Matthew 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
Matthew 12:19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
Matthew 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
Matthew 12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

(In my own words)
See my servant, The one I choose, I love him. I am well pleased with him. I am telling you, I will put my spirit on him.(you'll know somethings different) and he will show judgement to the godless.

He's gonna do what? Show judgement to the gentiles. But, we're all still here, he didn't wipe us out or anything like that! Judgement in the greek-2920 krisis kree'-sis
 decision (subjectively or objectively, for or against); 
by extension, a tribunal; 
by implication, justice 
(especially, divine law):--accusation, condemnation, damnation, judgment.

(In my own words)
In verse 17 it tells us this was spoken by Isaiah in chapter 42 in verse 4 he prophesied it this way- till I have set judgement in the earth...but notice what happens in Matthews 12th chapter after this retelling of Isaiah's words.Matthew 12:22 you want to see what judgement looks like read this.

(What judgement looks like)
Matthew 12:22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw. 

Know you not that we shall judge angels.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All living will return to God, for eternity or a moment.

Antiquating the survival of the fittest